AS Media Blog

Thursday 24 November 2016

What will be the brand identity and values for my music magazine?

I want my magazine to be a way of allowing people that fall into teenage and younger adult audiences to express themselves and get away from the stress of reality. I have been taking influence and ideas from magazines such as Billboard and Vibe, as these fall into similar genres to that of dance music and/or EDM, which is the genre(s) that I have selected. This is because they tend to attract a similar audience. They also both seem to cover modern music that is listened to by a large proportion of people within this age group across both the country and the world, this is the main reason that I have chosen these magazines to influence my own magazine. I want my brand to be known as a fairly laid back and up to date/modern one, covering all the interests of my chosen age group(s). This would be in a contrast to a rock music magazine for example as the image created by that genre of magazine is rebellious and has a dated type of style. My magazines main passion and interests obviously include the genre of music, fashion and technology. This is because the type of age group in question will most likely be attracted to the types of clothes that are in fashion and technology such as phones and games consoles as a large percentage of people that fall into this age category will interested in these two factors. My magazine will have an informal style. This is because, as I have mentioned before, the magazine will be a way of allowing the age group in question to express themselves through the use of media. It is therefore important to create a comfortable feeling amongst customers, mainly in hope that they will return. 



No comments:

Post a Comment